Aim higher with apprenticeships
Want to go to university but don’t want to be bogged down with the significant amount of student debt once you leave? There is an alternative!
Higher and degree apprenticeships combine earning a salary with studying towards a university degree – the same qualification you would receive if you attended university full time.
The degree you work towards at the end of your apprenticeship is a valuable qualification which is accepted and respected by employers in all sectors across the world. Your degree will be awarded by a leading university, but you will also gain valuable experience and develop practical skills in the workplace throughout your apprenticeship.
Higher level and degree apprenticeships can see you work towards level 4-7 qualifications: these range from foundation degrees to a doctorate. Just like a degree, these types of apprenticeships take between one and five years to complete.
Before you applying for a higher or degree apprenticeship, you must already have a Level 3 qualification from an existing apprenticeship/BTECH/NVQ or have certain A Level grades, although the entry requirements for higher and degree apprenticeships can differ for each sector.
Skills Made Easy has lots of higher level apprenticeship vacancies available on our live vacancies jobs board which you can search and apply for in a sector of interest to you.
We are working with Sheffield Hallam University to offer higher or degree apprenticeships to young people looking to take their first steps on the career path.
What courses are available?
Skills Made Easy, currently offers degree apprenticeships in the following areas:
- Chartered Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Facilities Management
- Digital Technology Solutions
How long does a degree apprenticeship take to complete?
Degree apprenticeships typically take between three and five years to complete.
How do I apply?
If you are aged 16 or over and would like further information on higher or degree apprenticeships, contact us on 0114 229 6183 or email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact Sheffield Hallam University on 0114 225 3433 or firstname.lastname@example.org or register your interest using their online form: https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/higher-and-degree-apprenticeships
Facts on Higher and Degree Apprenticeships:
- Since 2013 over 20,000 people have started a higher or degree apprenticeship, with the figure rising
- Higher and degree apprenticeships are currently available in a range of sectors including law, engineering, fashion, food and drink, construction and many more
- According to Government research, those who complete a higher apprenticeship will benefit from lifetime earnings of an estimated £150,000
- Further Government research shows that employers believe those with a higher apprentice qualification are 25% more employable than those who look for an alternative route into employment
- Government statistics show 90% of higher or degree apprentices will remain in employment, with 71% remaining with the same employer they completed their apprenticeship with. After 12 months a quarter of those apprentices will receive a promotion.